Creative fans
Wilt u reageren op dit bericht? Maak met een paar klikken een account aan of log in om door te gaan.

Creative fans

AVATARS EN BANNERS TE RESERVEREN IN'WELKOM OP CREATIVE FANS'!

IndexGalerijLaatste afbeeldingenZoekenRegistrerenInloggen

12. A brand new game

Ga naar beneden 

rate the chaper 1-5
12. A brand new game I_vote_lcap0%12. A brand new game I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
 0% [ 0 ]
 0% [ 0 ]
 0% [ 0 ]
12. A brand new game I_vote_lcap100%12. A brand new game I_vote_rcap
 100% [ 1 ]
Totaal aantal stemmen : 1

AuteurBericht
Admin
Admin

Aantal berichten : 369
Leeftijd : 32
Registration date : 21-01-09

12. A brand new game Empty
BerichtOnderwerp: 12. A brand new game   12. A brand new game Icon_minitimezo feb 01, 2009 11:25 pm

Tuesday was just as the first part of the week, easy. But when we got into potions, Snape reminded me of something that I almost forgot and might give another light on the week, except the Quidditch match against Ravenclow. “miss Dhanes and mister Malfoy, I’m expecting you this evening.” I realized I hadn’t, as he did suggested, thought of the whole situation to good. Well I’d thought about it when I was on my own Sunday, but not that advanced. So I just nodded my head and hid my frustration. And a couple hours later I left the common room to go to the dungeons. Malfoy waited by the stairs and we walked to the office Snape. I was nervous and holding his hand comforted me. As if we did it every day, we automatically walked like this till we were at Snape’s office. I knocked the door and Snape gave the permission to get inside. “ah, Joan and Draco, I‘ve been expecting you.” I was appalled from the fact he was so friendly and called us by our fist names. “so..” he continued. “it’s a long time ago now, but I think you’ll still remember you did got pretty angry in my class.”
“you gave me detention for doing nothing wrong!” I defended myself.
“Yes, I did… But you kind of freaked out didn’t you?”
“yeah I did” I felt my cheeks turning red.
“you normally don’t do you?”
“well, I’m not as stabile as before the latest days.”
“now you are.”
“I am”
“say Miss Dhanes, how come I get the feeling, you’re the only student who’s not afraid of me.”
“I.. uh .. I don’t think..”
“no? you don’t think so Joan? Tell me are you afraid of me?”
“uh..”
“if I wasn’t your teacher and wasn’t able to give you detention.”
“then you’d probably poison me.”
“haha, funny Dhanes, but this is what I mean, you’re not afraid. Why is that?”
“well I..”
“is it because you yourself have got so much authority?”
“well, I wouldn’t say…”
“you’ve got authority, so have I. you’re not afraid of me. What makes you so special as one of my students?” he said more towards himself then towards me.
“uh.. I’m sorry”
“you’re a special witch miss Dhanes, .. You are.” he stopped talking and looked at me, he whispered something I didn’t understand.
I suddenly saw my father packing backs, telling me we had to move.
I shook my head and looked into Snape’s dark eyes. “most impressive miss Dhanes.”
“what the..”
“you know what it is”
“yes, but.. Why would that help in this?”
“I honestly don’t know miss Dhanes. But there’s something about you, I’ll find it out.”
My heart started to beat faster and my breath quickened, “there’s nothing wrong with me!” I said, mad.
“do you ever scream to other people like that as well?”
“of course I do! That’s what you do when you’re mad!”
Fred looking disappointed: “you did it again I shout.
“NO” I turned back to Snape, furious, because of what he did.
“impressive Dhanes, normally when you’re that mad, you can’t shut off. It must be you’re not really angry.”
“not really.. Why the hell am I here actually? You’ve got your answer! I’m not afraid of you, I’ve got authority so I go in against yours!”
“No miss Dhanes, it isn’t that easy, it’s more then that.”
“it’s not!”
“it is” he said it so calm I was appalled from my own reaction and calmed down immediately.
“you may go, we’ll continue this when time is ripe. I think Joan, but it might be something entirely different you might be very good at occlumency, maybe with some training you could become one of the bests, but I’m not sure, there might be something else, which blocks what so ever. We’ll see, off you go now.”
I was dazed when I walked out the room. Draco and I didn’t say a word, but hugged and kissed, which said more then words could.
The next day was already the last day of the week, I tried not to think of Snape during the morning, but he had scared me, he had had this strange, insane look in his eyes. I had become an object he could study, I realized. And I didn’t know what to expect of it, but if there was this much emotion in the eyes of my potions teacher, then I knew something wasn’t good. That afternoon, after being absent the entire day I said goodbye to the twins and Lee and went to Defence against the dark arts. Only the Slytherins were already at the classroom. So I kept a distance to watch them, or to watch Draco. He looked quit absent as well. I didn’t realize before he might have been shocked seeing me and professor Snape like that. “hi” Hermione suddenly said from behind me. “hi” I responded, after turning around. The boys just nodded and smiled.
Our teacher was excited because he finally found the perfect pairs, which meant also, to his regrets, there were some Slytherin-pairs and some Gryffindor-pairs. “Today” he spoke. “We’ll start to petrify!” he sounded enthusiastic and this came over to the students. “now, I don’t want any accidents, so we wont block it yet, ok?”
“yeah” Parkinson noticed “ just let yourself get petrified and everything will be just fine.” She immediately looked at Draco, who wasn’t looking at her. I couldn’t keep me from giving a smile at this view. “Thank you, miss Parkinson, now we’ll do it turn for turn, ok?” Mister Malfoy and Miss Dhanes would you like to give the example?” I knew he’d always use us as the model example. “Miss Dhanes you can first petrify mister Malfoy, now I want you to take it easy on him, ok? Mister Malfoy don’t pull your wand, understood?” he nodded and then looked at me. I gave him a grin, everyone I the room understood that as mean, except Draco himself, he knew I was being playful. “ok, everyone step beck.”
“stupefy!” I yelled and aimed for Malfoy who immediately petrified. “Very well miss Dhanes, you’ve got a lot of power in your veins.” The professor said, truly impressed. “Now the other way around. And as soon as he had un-petrified Draco the cheering of the Gryffindors went over in cheering of Slytherin. “Stupefy!” Draco shouted and aimed for me, the next moment I fell. “ok” the professor shouted while he un-petrified me. “Now this is what you’ll be doing today, and I’m hoping what I’m about to show you, will be for next week. Mister Malfoy an Miss Dhanes clearly control there spells so they are going to show you the next step. Miss Dhanes if you please, and I’m sure you will, you could petrify mister Malfoy again, but this time You, mister Malfoy, will try to protect you with a protego shield. Now petrifying and unarming is a big difference, be prepared to that. Ok of you go.”
“STUPEFY!” and at nearly the same moment Draco shouted “PROTEGO!” after a loud BANG we both were still standing, none petrified. “Very well Draco! That was a strong spell, Joan.” in his excitement he forgot to call us Miss Dhanes and Mister Malfoy.
Terug naar boven Ga naar beneden
https://fans-of-stories.actieforum.com
Admin
Admin

BerichtOnderwerp: Re: 12. A brand new game   12. A brand new game Icon_minitimezo feb 01, 2009 11:27 pm

The Slytherins began to shout as if it was a Quidditch game and Malfoy just grabbed the snitch. “now the other way around” Gryffindors began to support to and when there shouting as the ones of Slytherin lessened Draco shouted “STUPEFY!”
“PROTEGO!”
Another load BANG, followed by the cheering of Gryffindors. I was still up. “OK ..OK” the teacher shouted “now the rest of you! For turn, no protego shields!”
When class was over I slowly grabbed my stuff and tried to keep behind, I saw Draco had seen this and was doing the same thing. Students all left the room until Hermione stopped in the door opening, before she could say anything I let my bag fell off of the desk, so all books came out. “ow shoot!” I said, and saw that Hermione didn’t do an attempt to say anything. I got my books in my bag and then got in the corridor, the entire class was already round the corner so Draco and I walked hand in hand to potions. During potions I was going to try to ignore and avoid Snape, which appeared to be not that easy. He complained at everything I did, just to dare me. I was able to take it pretty long, but half way the hour. “Dhanes!”
“What now? Goddamn it!”
“ah, Dhanes, what’s wrong you’re…”
“No I’m NOT doubting of your authority, damn it! I’m just tired of your constant wining!”
“ow, look at this Dhanes” He said he came with a surprisingly speed towards me and held his face close to mine, but I refused to back off and just stared in his eyes, furious, not seeing his spark of amusement.

She was a special girl and I needed to know what it was about her, that intimidated me so much. As I stood so close to her face my nose almost touched hers, she didn’t back off. She didn’t back off, she was staring back in my eyes, furiously. No student had ever done that. In fact in the last twenty years, no-one had. How is it possible she could, not at all afraid of my dark and threatening eyes.

“Class dismissed.” Snape said slowly. But he kept staring in my eyes and I didn’t gave off and just stared back. Until he slowly backed of and turned away. “What the bloody hell is the matter with that guy?!” Ron said clearly surprised mad, as soon as he was sure I wasn’t having a flare-up. “He’s just a bloody asshole and I know it!” Harry said.
“hmm, he kind of switched from you to Joan.” Hermione said wisely.
“I don’t care, he’s not worth bothering to much.” I answered simply. So my friends decided to not discus it. “ hey.. It’s weekend!” Hermione said to cheer u up. “yeah the weekend of the Quidditch match!” the boys and I answered. Then we laughed because of our similar reaction.
The next day I got up early and nervous. I went for breakfast with Ginny. “Nervous?”
“we’ll win” Ginny said comforting. But when I looked at her. “yeah, nervous to hell!” I smiled and when we got at the table Fred and George greeted us cheerful. “wow, out off bed early boys?” I asked.
“hell! it’s the game today” George smiled. A bit later we returned to the common room and greeted, while passing, Ron, Harry an Hermione.
“Where’s Lee” I asked the twins.
“still in bed.”
“ow”
So after trying to focus on some homework I called my team together and we left the common room, under a so load cheering it was almost scary.
“Gryffindor! Gryffindor! Dhanes, the Weasleys, Potter and Wares will lead us straight to victory!! Huj huj Gryffindor!Huj Joan, Huj Harry, Huj Fred, George Ron and Ginny and huj for Ned! Huj huj Gryffindor!”
when we got dressed in the dress room, it was time for my pep talking. “Well, guys, you’ve been practising good and I’m sure we’re the better team, but there always is the chance we loose, don’t underestimate Ravenclow, please, cause it may cost us, I’d say, do your best and we make a great chance.”
“Pff they all are shaking on their legs already, when we get in the pitch they may all pass out!” George laughed and looked at Fred who smiled wide, so did the rest. “c’mon, we can do this thing” I said and opened the door and walked in the pitch, followed by my team. As we got in the pitch the screaming was overwhelming. “THERE ARE THE GRYFFINDORS!” Lee yelled, but we barely understood him, because the Gryffindors shouted there lungs out, as did the Ravenclows, with “boohs” of course, but also Hufflepuf and Slytherin freaked out. Since our fabulous performance everyone was curious for our next one. The cheering was very overwhelming and I had to look at my team, who one by one had a smile ear to ear on their face. “Lovely” Fred said and I laughed, happy that a guy like Fred was on my right side to walk in that pitch.
When we got to Madame Hooch I heard the Gryffindor through the stadium:
“Dhanes is our little hero
She made Hufflepuf look zero
She led us all to victory
Hufflepuf’s an other story!
O hell did they train
It almost cost their brain
Say Dhanes can stay much longer
We’ll never let her go, no not for a million dollar!
She made our team look much better and fitter
She sure as hell isn’t just a babysitter!
Come now!
Let come Ravenclow
She hammers them in al by herself
Yes she’s in our top-shelf!”

I looked to my team and now I saw happiness in their eyes, I yelled at them: “Keep in mind, it’s a game, focus”
“..Joan…”Ned, very enthusiastic started. “ ..ok” he added after seeing my face.
“captains shake hands” I turned around to the scared and nervous Ravenclow captain. I knew it must be very hard. I shook his hand. “Now I want a nice clean match, on your brooms…” there was a scary silence through in the pitch now, everyone waited for the whistle, when this came, we all got off in the air and I nearly heard Lee yelling because of all the screaming. “Ned Wares has the Quaffle and passes smoothly to Ginny, going low, There’s Joan! Get’s the Quaffle, SCORES! 10-0 for Gryffindor!” the shouting and cheering got even loader, loader then I thought was possible.
She made Hufflepuf look zero
Hufflepuf’s an other story!
O hell did they train
She sure isn’t just a babysitter!
Come now!
Let come Ravenclow
I smiled and passed the Quaffle through to Ned, almost before it got to me. “Look at Gryffindor going! The nearly touch the ball! They.. YES another ten points!… Ravenclow has got the Quaffle, owwwwwwwww that Must have hurt! Fred or George, I don’t see it from this distance, has, hit the Ravenclower pretty bad…he’s ok, back on broom, djees what a power behind those tall red haired boys! They’re pretty nice as friends, but don’t get them against you… there comes Ginny! Just as good as her beaters bothers and her watcher brother, cause he’s damn good as well, he didn’t get to proof himself that much yet this year, but.. Yes Ned scores! Ravenclow at ball coming through surprisingly well, shoots there’s Ron! I told you he was good! But he actually could play as a forth Chaser, Ravenclow doesn’t get the ball!” after a few minutes a Ravenclower managed to score anyway. “60-10 for Ravenclow! Ow to bad, playing the entire tournament without any goals against us, would have been so cool!”
“Lee!”
“Sorry professor, but you can’t deny it! And Harry takes a dive!! He’s seen the snitch! The Ravenclows seeker now dives to, way to late, but Harry has got the snitch!!! GRYFFINDOR WINS! 210-10!”
She made Ravenclow look zero
Ravenclow ’s an other story!
O hell did they train
She sure isn’t just a babysitter!
Like this we’ll win!
Let come Slytherin
Admin
Admin

BerichtOnderwerp: Re: 12. A brand new game   12. A brand new game Icon_minitimezo feb 01, 2009 11:30 pm

That evening was a big party in the common room. And the next morning weren’t many students at the great hall as well. The next noon we did all go for lunch, most of us only just out of bed. The rest of the school: all Ravenclows, Hufflepuffs and Slytherins looked pretty mean. after lunch Fred and I were discussing the match again, when we realized the rest was already gone. We stood up and walked out off the great hall. In the corridor I ran into an image that suck all my happiness of the past days away immediately, like a smack in the face I stood there, petrified, looking at what I never expected and what got to me harder then imaginable. Malfoy stood against the wall and Parkinson was standing in front of him, kissing him and he didn’t seemed to mind it! I felt Fred hand grabbing my arm, Draco’s head turning in my direction, appalling and turning red seeing me. I wanted to stay there, but a strong grip pulled me away from the image and a few minutes later there was a familiar voice repeating my name “Joan? Joan?”
“yeah” I whispered.
“o Joan, are you ok?”
“yeah…I should have been smarter.” I added. after I realized what I just saw I became sad but, mad as well.
“it’s ok” Fred shushed me, “we all make mistakes.”
“but.. Yeah” I just stopped talking, I didn’t want to talk anymore. Fred wrapped his arms around me and we sat like that for a long time, until I managed to get my thoughts away from it “were are we?”
“ow just in the beginning of a tunnel George and I found”
“ho, cool…shall we go back to the common room now?”
“yeah, they’ll be worried soon!” I spent the rest of the day back in the common room, trying to do homework. In the evening I didn’t feel like going to the great hall, but when I thought what I would have to go through the next week, the great hall was a piece of cake. Fred and I went to the great hall pretty early, so we were able to get out early as well. I didn’t see Parkinson or Malfoy in the great hall and that comforted me as well. But when Fred and I got back in the corridors we ran into Malfoy. The corridor was empty and silent and by the look of each other all three off us petrified a moment. Then Malfoy came out of his shock first, “Joan…” he ignored Fred and that wasn’t his best idea. Cause Malfoy was a rather tall and strongly built guy, but was nothing compared to the older Fred, whom I had been training at power and speed. In his attempt to ignore Fred, Malfoy just bumped right up at him. “Weasley..”
“don’t you go telling nobody nothing filthy, Slytherins scum!” he grabbed my arm and walked on, no need to pull me this time, because as hurt as I may have been, as mad I certainly was. I was as stubborn as my entire family and all my friends knew me like that. So I walked away of the handsome boy, whom I had so admired and loved, because of the holier-than-thou jackass he was. When we were out of his reach Fred looked at me, concerned. “I’m fine” he smiled and suggested to stay with me a bit longer, so he went with me upstairs with me. After a few minutes I wasn’t able to resist anyhow and started to cry in Fred’s arms “I loved him”
“I know”
“I didn’t tell you”
“I knew”
I lifted my head and looked deep into his brown eyes, which I rarely saw this serious. “I’m so sorry!”
“It’s ok, don’t bother.” I kept laying in his arms a pretty long time, then he got to the common room and I went to bed. Trying not to think of the next week, for all the things that were suppose to be good, could become like hell.
I woke up the next morning, feeling miserable and was happier then ever to realize I only had classes with the twins and Lee today. I knew I would have full support from Fred, but my other friends began to wonder what was wrong and they realized Fred knew. I was quit absent the entire time and barely noticed that every Gryffindor we passed greeted me cheerful for our victory. I didn’t feel the happiness of the game anymore, nor the happiness of the winning and the partying afterwards, I knew I had to support my team, but it felt as if everything I ever had been happy about was just hazy. And all the thoughts that could scare me off doing anything at all, became more clear and even more scary. So I almost against my will walked to the pitch that evening. We were ten minutes early out the dressing room and Slytherin was still training, I felt more like going back inside, but wanted to prove Malfoy wasn’t going to break me! So I let Harry and Ron fetch the balls and smiled at Ned, I knew he liked moments like this. When Harry and Ron returned I took the Quaffle, by this time Malfoy had seen us, but clearly expected I would wait for him to finish. He was wrong, the selfish scoundrel. I let my team get in the air and we started giving some passes, while hanging in a circle. The Slytherins began to protest and Malfoy was forced to come to me. “Say Dhanes, what the hell is this all about?”
“this? This is what we call Quidditch practice, Malfoy.” I responded calmly, without looking at him. Ginny passed me the ball and threw it to Harry. “We’re still practicing!”
“yeah, well you’ve been here for a long time now, I don’t think your players will get any better from a few minutes.” I turned to face him with an ice-cold look, “Mine, on the contrary are getting better and better. And nearly best, I think professor Dumbledore was talking about the WC for juniors, it’s been a long time since Hogwarts entered the WC, so when it does he wants the best trained team.” he clearly was appalled, either from the fact I looked at him so cold or by the fact Gryffindor had a chance to enter the WC for Juniors, probably the second, I thought, he always had been egoistic bastard. “besides…” I continued merciless. “you’ve only got 1minute left.” he turned away and cleared of with his team, I won. My team, meanwhile was warmed up. “that was so unbelievably cool!” Ned said.
“Wicked!” Ron assented.
“Wow, Joan you are almost as scary as Snape when you do that!” Harry said convincing.
“Cool, girl” Ginny simply said.
“Gryffindor owns Slytherin so bad. Haha and you own Malfoy!” George laughed.
“Hell girl, you rock, that was so good! I’m like proud of you!” Fred smiled.
“thanks guys, but c’mon time to practice.”
After a good practice I decided me and my team needed to talk. “this” I started, while writing on a piece of paper. “is how the rank is at the moment” then I showed the paper.

Ravenclow-Hufflepuf 180-50
Gryffindor-Hufflepuf 270-0
Slytherin-Ravenclow 280- 110
Gryffindor-Ravenclow 210-10
Slytherin-Hufflepuf
Gryffindor-Slytherin

So Ravenclow has had all its games, lost two out of three, winning only from Hufflepuf, they have got to 300 points. Hufflepuf has only lost so far, and probably will lose from Slytherin as well. They mad it to only 50 yet. Slytherin and we, Gryffindor only won so far and probably one of us two will lose once, against each other then. Slytherin is on 280 points already, only playing one game. We’ve got 480 after two games. Slytherin had more goals against Hufflepuf, one actually, but have loads of goals against, we only have one. Unless Slytherin doesn’t score more then once anymore it is pretty clear first and second spot is we and Slytherin. I must say I’m pretty sure we’ll win the tournament, we can and we will, even if it is the last thing I do!” My team went back to the common room excited that evening, but I only could think of tomorrow and be scared. The next morning I woke up feeling worse and sadder then ever. Luckily I had Fred to pull me up. He didn’t left my side all morning and accompanied me to go to potions, giving a warning eye to Malfoy. Snape made us go in and said, we’ll be working individual today. Before he said so he looked at me, he as well as I saw Malfoy against the wall, with Parkinson in front of him, I didn’t even try to ban Snape out of my thoughts, but felt depressed after seeing this image again. Snape realized how bad it was because I didn’t even try to contravene. Working alone at my potions without Snape bothering me, comforted me just a bit. When class was over I rushed out to walk in on Fred, who came picking me up. So far so good, but I knew it couldn’t lass. Although the two next days weren’t that bad either, because apparently Malfoy got into the hospital wing for a while after Care of Magical Creatures. So in defence against dark arts the professor totally lost it, he would practice with me. “What a lunatic.” Hermione said. And Ron started to laugh. “What?”
“I’m just seeing Malfoy during Care of Magical Creatures again.” he laughed and so we laughed with him. In potions Snape made me work alone and sometimes helped me a hand, I blocked off my mind because I knew he wanted to know how things were now. Days went on quietly and I began to miss Draco in stead of hate him. I only nearly resist the need to go to the hospital wing. But that weekend I found an excuse, Lee ended up in the hospital wing as well, feeling sick, one of the twins experiments on Lee didn’t end that well. But luckily Lee laughed with it. So after practice Saturday I went to the hospital wing. “hi there Lee” I greeted the boy with dreadlocks “djee you really look bad!”
“thanks Joan”
“sorry, no offence, but I mean…”
“none taken and yeah I know… Bloody twins” he added laughing. I laughed with him, “Say Lee…?” Madame Pomfrey interrupted me, “I’m sorry dear, I need your guy a second” she smiled. “could you wait a second over there?” she nodded towards the rest of the wing.
“ok” I smiled and stepped back, “so I’m your guy now Joan?” He laughed. Madame Pomfrey shook her head and closed the curtains round the bed. I went to the middle of the Hospital wing, there was no-one in and there weren’t many patients as well. The few there were, were sleeping. “Joan?” I was shocked from the weakness in the voice behind me and petrified. “Joan?” the weak voice said again, so I turned around. A blonde, pale-looking boy looked at me. “Would you come over here?” I still stood petrified. “please?” his pleading was so weak it seemed as if he could pass out any minute. So I went towards the bed and sat on the chair next to it. I looked at him, disappointed and mad, but also worried and caring. “What?”
“why did you do that?” I appalled.
“What? Why did I, don’t you think off what you’ve done?”
“I haven’t done anything”
“blabbers! I saw you!”
“yes, but…” I heard Madame Pomfrey opening the curtains, so stood up and walked towards Lee again. “Joan? Please I…” but I was at Lee’s bed again. “Say how are you mate?”
“pretty well, better then this morning” he smiled. After talking to him a bit I decided to go back to the common room, “Bye and recover well, would you?”
“I will! O, Joan, can I call you my girl to?” he smiled.
Admin
Admin

BerichtOnderwerp: Re: 12. A brand new game   12. A brand new game Icon_minitimezo feb 01, 2009 11:36 pm

So the next day was pretty quiet, the rest decided to go to Lee and I went with them, I didn’t feel like staying alone. “Hi there again” I winked.
“Ha, my girl is back!” then I just sat there, while everyone talked with Lee. I suddenly realized someone was looking at me and after looking around a bit I found who, Draco. I decided to ignore him, he was being holier-than-thou. The next week went all easy and fluent. Lee got out of the hospital wing Thursday eve. “Hi everyone” he yelled, when he got in the common room. “LEE!” voices sounded from all over the common room, after the fun twins, the Quidditch reporter was one of the most popular Gryffindor. Harry Potter had a spot as well of course, and clearly I had to, because of my so called “fabulous performances” with the Quidditch team. Even the former captain, came to apologise, saying he wasn’t offended being beaten by me. He even asked whether I was interested in getting him back. I assured him if one of my player couldn’t, he would be the first one I’d come to. McGonagall also told me recently she was very proud. And of course the WC junior was coming close and if we won from Slytherin there was a chance we got in the WC Junior. So entire Hogwarts should be proud she had assured me smiling. The twins now had put their arms round Lee “And? Ready to try our remade version?” Lee shattered. And I got a smile on my face, a smile which wasn’t provoked by Fred’s joke, but by the realization that these were my friends and that I loved them with all my heart. I almost cried Seeing the three boy laughing, constantly with prankish expressions. The twins decided the return of Lee deserved a party, so the first and second graders went upstairs early and we went to bad late. I caught myself on constantly looking at my friends, tears in my eyes. Telling myself I was suppose to be happy having them, how could I ever have forgotten them, only thinking of a holier-than-thou Slytherin. The later it got, the more I realized, I looked more at the twins and Lee then at my younger friends, I did spent more time with them. Maybe they accepted me more as well. And towards the end all my attention was drawn to Fred. He had been a really amazing friend, he had been there, as the only one knowing my secret, keeping it between us and comforting me for it. When I finally got into I thought to myself I’ve got the best friends ever, screw Malfoy. The next day we of course all were tired and went to bed early. But Friday was time to prove my own words, Malfoy got out of the hospital wing. Fred was worried, but I was determined. For the last hours I knew I had to get to defence against the dark arts alone and only the Slytherins would be there, I was scared but in spite of that, refused Fred’s offer to accompany me until Harry, Hermione and Ron were there. I didn’t expect what came next though Malfoy had known I would be waiting for the Gryffindors just round the corner, he knew because he had known I did that. So when I was at the corner I lent against the wall, back towards the wall, when suddenly Malfoy came round the corner and put his hands against the wall, each on one side of me, so I couldn’t escape. I was appalled and looked into his eyes, he had a depressed, but determined look upon his face. “Joan…”
“get away from me” I said as soon as I recovered. Cursing in myself, because I refused Fred’s gentle offer.
“Joan, we haven’t got much time..”
“more then we need.”
“Joan..”
“Get off Malfoy!” I said with disgust in my voice, but crying inside.
“Joan, we need to talk..”
“There nothing to talk about Malfoy”
“Joan, please” he pleaded whispering and coming closer. “I need to talk to you.”
“get of Malfoy, my friends will be here any second now, but I felt my voice weaken under the fact he was so close. He betrayed you! I said to myself. Think of you friends! Of Fred! But I still love him! of course I don’t! it was a terrible twist in my head.
“yeah you’re right.” and he walked towards the Slytherin group again. Nearly a few seconds later my three friends came laughing round the corner. “Hi Joan”
“hi”
“ah there are the Gryffindors, come on in then.” the professor said happy. “ahh, mister Malfoy, back? And ok again?”
“Yes I am” Malfoy mumbled.
“happy to hear that, so I’ve got my model example again.” he laughed happy, not noticing me and Malfoy weren’t happy with it at all. At least, I wasn’t. “Today we’re going to test our protego shields, we’re going to use all force we have to see how strong our shield is after that, …well you’ll see that! Mister Malfoy, Miss Dhanes if you please. “So Mister Malfoy, we’re warming up first, unarming, Miss Dhanes the shield, ok? Go!”
“Expelliarmus!”
“Protego!” Malfoy’s spell was pretty careful but my shield had blown him over. I saw him standing in the corridor with Parkinson. “Miss Dhanes…” his eyes, they kissed, he…
“EXPELLIARMUS!”
“Protego!” I caught his wand. “Concentrate Draco, very powerful miss Dhanes. Over again..”
“EXPELLIARMUS!”
“PROTEGO!” both Malfoy and I lost balance and fell behind, as did some people who stood to close. “Very good! So much power! The two of you are talented! Now we’re trying a more powerful spell…” Draco and I lost balance more the once, our powers bounced in on each other, we were worth of each other and after half an hour the professor called us towards him. “You’re ok with that now. You’re going to go for the next step next time, the rest…well they’ll practice a bit first.” he smiled. “class dismissed! Ow eu Draco, Joan, just a second here, c’mon, miss Granger what’s wrong?”
“nothing professor, on my way out!” she said, a bit appalled. When everyone got out, he talked on. “ the next step, is actually something totally different, and no pair-working anymore, but the others haven’t reached the level they should have yet, Harry’s getting close, but he isn’t there yet. So you’re stuck on each other, were going to face some creatures, and you can fight it with the two off you, some teamwork, how about that? You can choose though, keep fighting each other, in which you’re advanced enough, or face think, working together.”
“I want to take the step.” Malfoy easily said.
“ well done boy, Joan?”
“uh..”
“you need to keep moving.” Malfoy said.
“that’s right! Now up to your next class!” and so we went out off the classroom. “Joan?…”I didn’t look at him. “Joan?…are you…mad?”
“what do you think, Malfoy?? But hey it’s alright, need to keep moving, right?”
“no, Joan I didn’t…”
“shut up!”
He was appalled, “Joan, I made a mistake, no actually I didn’t, I didn’t do anything..”
“what? You didn’t do anything? What’s wrong Malfoy? got a hole in your memory or what?”
“no, I know what it must have seemed like, but I didn’t wanted it to happen!”
“you kissed fucking Parkinson, Malfoy, I don’t need a lot off explanation for that!”
“Joan..”
“oh, go to Pansy and make out!” I tried to run from him, but he grabbed my arm and turned me, back to the wall. “listen to me!” I was appalled from this sudden anger. “please.” he added more careful. I pulled my arm away, but remained were I was and looked in his eyes with a cold, emotionless look. I knew this look would make it harder to him to speak.
“uh.. Joan, I… I didn’t meant to kiss her, in fact I didn’t, no please let me finish. She all of the sudden came round the corner and smacked me against the wall and kissed me, I thought I was you, no hear me out! Then I noticed it wasn’t you opened my eyes and saw you standing there… I was so confused, I felt miserable.”
“of course you did, so you went crying to Pansy?”
“no I, did you even listen?”
“yes I did! And to be honest it isn’t very credible!” I turned and ran down the stairs towards the dungeons. When I was at the door I waited for Malfoy, but knocked and opened the door before he could say anything. “well the two of you are late, but the others explained already, now rush, if you can’t finish your potions, you’ll stay until you have!”
“yes professor.”
But because I was mad at Malfoy we constantly got in each others way. “Grr goddamn it, Malfoy, when I worked alone it went easier.”
“yeah, well that doesn’t help now, if we go on like this, we’ll still be here at ten o’clock tonight!”
“hmpff” and indeed when class was over we only got almost halfway, I got angry and saw my friends looking at me. When everyone got out it was very silent in the room. “God damn it Malfoy!” I shouted when he pushed over my just juiced ginger.
“Miss Dhanes!”
“sorry professor, but…”
“What the hell is wrong with the two of you? you have been an excellent pair.”
“…”
Two figures against the wall, coming closer. I banned him out of my thoughts and realized it was silent to long. I looked at Snape, he looked at Malfoy, so I turned. Malfoy was clearly suffering, I was appalled when I realized what Snape was doing and pull Malfoy towards me, out off Snape’s vision. I became aware of the fact that I’d been to late, I let go of Malfoy, pushed him back on his chair and looked from Snape to Malfoy. Snape swallowed, looking at Malfoy, who was now just staring, not doing a single attempt to hide the tears that came out off his eyes noiseless. “professor?” I asked, doubting and refusing to talk to Malfoy. Snape looked at me, recovered off the shock. “maybe you can clean up your stuff.” I waited for a second and then began to put every think in place. Not looking at Malfoy. When I had cleared everything away, Snape suddenly talked again. “say Miss Dhanes, what is wrong with you?”
“excuse me?”
“yeah, I always knew you’re special, not easy to understand at all, great in occlumency, pretty, good in Quidditch and so on, but you keep surprising me.”
“with what?” he sighed disappointed, he took the Pensieve and put a memory in it. “come here miss Dhanes.” I walked towards him, he nodded to the Pensieve and so I bent over. And got sucked into Snape’s memories. I stood next to Snape and was looking at myself and Draco. “Goddamn it Malfoy!” looking at myself I saw to figures against a wall, but a white light cut it off, I realised I was in Snapes memory, I had closed him out and he then, as I though had moved on to Malfoy. Now looking at Malfoy there came a short of slideshow of his memories. Dumbledore in the Great hall, saying there was a new student, she went to Gryffindor. First potions class, Malfoy looking at me. Some tender moments, He coming up for me, coming to detention, our first kiss all these memories, of Draco Malfoy passed by. The holidays, flashes of all great moments we had spent together. New years eve at his home, going back to Hogwarts, Fred and George reacting brute. All these images passed by very quick and suddenly a blond girl comes stormed in the viewers direction, kissing him. Pulling away, Parkinson’s face! Fred and Joan standing behind her. A yelling Parkison, and a responding, loader yelling of Draco, but I didn’t understood what he said. My mad looks at him, at Quidditch practice, in the hospital wing, in the corridor and during classes. After seeing a fast slideshow I got back in the classroom, tears running over my cheeks. “Joan?” I turned and saw Draco looking at me, his eyes were all swollen and red. “Do you believe me now? I didn’t wanted her to at all!…I’m like totally in love whit you.” KNOCK KNOCK “come in” Fred came in, but I didn’t even try to hide my tears. “hi professor I…Joan?” He looked from me to Malfoy to Snape and over again. “What?”
“I’m sorry Joan, I didn’t mean to hurt you, I didn’t mean to do anything at all I just, well you saw, I didn’t know.” I just nodded my head and swallowed. “Joan?!” Fred came towards me “Are you alright?”
“yeah…”I whispered.
“What happened?” I nodded towards the Pensieve, Fred went towards it, looked at it and back at me. I nodded and he bent over.
After a few minutes he would get out again, not knowing how he would react when he did I wanted something handled first. “professor?” I said with a small voice.
“yes?”
“what exactly do you mean with, you keep surprising me…I mean, you knew about…us” I added the last word very quietly.
“I sure did, but I thought you really loved each other.”
“we did!”
“then why, Joan, why were you, as a strong and confident girl, so quickly so mad at Malfoy?”
“because I was hurt!”
“hurt? Or insecure about your capacities and what exactly you’ve got to offer?”
“…”I stood there, not knowing what to say.
“well this doesn’t happen to much, blown off your socks Joan? So what? I’m right?”
“maybe you are, but I still was hurt.”
“of course, but in the mean time Joan, your fiend here he nodded towards Fred, has given you a good feeling hasn’t he?”
“…”
“hmm, you’re strong and special and yet so fragile and normal.” I felt weird, it was as if Snape could read me as a book, better then I could myself. Why the hell was that?
“ohh” Fred got out the pensieve. He stood there, watching it and then softly turned around. “…”
“Fred?”
“yeah?”
“are you fine?”
“yeah”
“ok…do you eh…”
“Malfoy…” I as well as Snape and Malfoy were appalled of this sudden change.
“uh...yeah?”
“you…” suddenly it was as if there came a light into his eyes and he was back. He looked at Malfoy, disgusted and mad. Then he walked towards me and putted his hand on my shoulder. “are you ok?”
“yeah”
“professor, can we get back to our common rooms please.”
“No Weasley.”
“Why not?”
“I don’t need to justify myself for you!” he looked intrusive to Fred. “Joan..” he continued. “I don’t want to be rude, but I’d like you the two to fight this out now.” I was shocked, this wasn’t what a teacher was suppose to do. I looked at Malfoy, his eyes still were red and swollen. His face was chimed in and pale. His hair wasn’t groomed. And he actually just looked terrible and depressed. I felt sorry for him and a bit guilty when I realized why he looked so depressed. “I’m sorry” I whispered. He looked up, his eyes got light and his face got a slight smile. “I’m sorry as well, I… well yeah.”
Admin
Admin

BerichtOnderwerp: Re: 12. A brand new game   12. A brand new game Icon_minitimezo feb 01, 2009 11:38 pm

“I know” I smiled. But I didn’t forget what I’d been thinking the previous evening. “you may go now.” Snape interrupted. And so the three of us went out of the room. I noticed Fred was looking at me while we were walking in the corridor, as was Malfoy, walking on my other side. I didn’t know what to do anymore, I loved Malfoy, but I remembered how I had felt when I saw my friends laughing the day before. I had the intention of enjoying my friends more and forget about the holier-than-hoe Slytherin, who just proved he wasn’t that hypocritical. At the beginning of the stairs I was still struggling with myself, when the blond guy spoke. “Joan?”
“hmm”
“uh… I uhm was wondering..”
“I think it may be better if we stop seeing each other anyway.” I said, while cursing myself for saying that.
“what, what do you mean?” he stopped walking and turned to face me. I stopped walking but kept staring at the stairs. “Joan? Why, What?”
“isn’t it clear what she means?” Fred tried to make it easier. By hearing his voice I found back my strength. I looked up to his face, the sparkle that had been in his eyes just a minute ago was gone again. I cursed myself again, for looking in his eyes, but held on. “well, I think it might be better.”
“but why?”
“oh Malfoy, for gods sake! We were the only three knowing of it and it already was a disaster when Fred found out.”
“But…”
“I just simply think we need to split for a little while.” He turned his eyes, which had started to swell again. “Draco…” I whispered, moving closer to him. “don’t do this, please, you know it would be best..” I continued, I took his chin and held his head up, feeling Fred stiffen. “you do, right?” I asked, looking in his eyes and already feeling stupid for doing that. “yeah, maybe…but if it doesn’t work? I mean I..”
“we’ll see ok?…Maybe you should give Parkinson a chance.” I said with an effort.
He looked with an appalled look into my eyes “you don’t mean that, do you?”
“it might lessen the loss.”
“but, I’d only feel bad replacing you by Parkinson.”
“I know, but we should try to separate.”
“I don’t think I’ll be able to”
“you’ll have to” I answered and pulled back my hands. His eyes followed my hands and then looked back in mine, I saw they were wet and red. “ok, I’ll try” he said, clearly needing a lot effort. I smiled while not holding behind my own tears. I wrapped my arms around him. He held me tight in his strong arms and I closed my eyes, holding him so tough like I wanted to pull myself through the other person. This probably would be our last hug, it was suppose to be. After a while our grips loosened and we kissed for what should be the last time. While our tears slide down on our faces. After finally leaving each other we split our ways, both still with our eyes wet. “Joan?” Fred asked. “Are you ok?” I just nodded my head. “That was…brave and all…you do really want this, right?”
“yeah, I mean, it’s like an impossible love.”
“hmm, but it seemed like true love, and a friend who can’t appreciate that isn’t a good friend, you do need to give them time to survive the shock of course.”
“yeah, well, thanks, I don’t know…”
The next morning I woke up late. Hermione had left the bedroom and I saw I was already half past eleven. I should get out, but I didn’t want to. So I turned and fell a sleep again.
“Joan?” Fred’s voice whispered in my ear. “Joan?”
“hmm”
“Hi girl, it’s pretty late already, you might want to get out…” when I didn’t responded, I felt he went sitting on the side of the bed and put his hand on my shoulder. “Joan?”
“hmm”
“c’mon girl…please.” when I didn’t react anymore my bowed over me. “Joan..” I looked at him, he had gotten pretty close and looked worried. “are you ok?”
“yeah, I’m fine” he backed off and I went sitting. “Fred?”
“yeah?” he turned towards me and I just shoved towards him and wrapped my arms around him, he startled and I felt him stiffen but laid my head against his chest, now he wrapped his arms around me as well. He sighed “oh Joan, why did you then?” I heard a sound at the stairs. “Hermione! She’s coming!”
“what how do you…?”
“does she know you’re here?”
“No! she’s not suppose to!” he suddenly looked a bit frighten.
“Quick under the sheets!” Fred pressed himself against the wall, totally covered by the sheet, trying to take as few space as possible. I went laying next to him and put arm over him, to make him as invisible as possible. Hermione got in the room, “Joan you’re gonna miss lunch!”
“lunch?”
“yes it’s a quarter past twelve” I mumbled a bit and then said loader “ok thanks, I’ll be right up.” she turned and went down again. Fred climbed up against the well “Brilliant” he said as he was up, I smiled. And realized we laid in the same bed, pressed against each other. I turned out of bed. “I better get dressed”
“yeah, I’ll see you at the great hall.” he nodded. The rest of the weekend I was pretty absent, even during practice. “say Joan..” Fred said Sunday evening.
“hmm?” he gestured I should come to him, so I did. “Joan, you’re feeling terrible.”
“thanks for that statement, but I guess that’s not why you…”
“do you think you’re actually ready to go back to class?” I turned down my eyes.
“Thought so, look you can accept, but just as easily refuse.” I looked at him, surprised.
” you know Lee laid in the hospital wing for a week right?”
“o Fred, I …I don’t know..I..”
“you’re good.. right? just think of it, tomorrow isn’t a tough day, so.”
“uhu, I’ll think off it.” The next day I soon noticed, I suffered to much to face Draco, so I went to Fred. “I thought you would” he said, this might be best.” and with those words he gave me a purple piece of candy. “thanks” he just smiled, a bit worried. So the next morning I got the permission to go out off class, toward the hospital wing. It was a new experiment Fred had told me, then I would be in the hospital wing longer.
I felt miserable because I didn’t know what to do and what I was doing. This only had as effect I looked even more ill. During the day Ron, Harry and Hermione came to visit me, they looked worried, but Madame Pomfrey assured them she’d heal me in a bit. The next day the twins and Lee came by. “Hi there Joan…are you, like…ok?” Lee asked. I just nodded. I saw Fred turning red, when he saw how bad I looked. After they sat by my bed half an hour, George asked “Say Joan, what about practice?”
“Let Harry replace me for now.”
“ok” and they left a bit later to go to practice. I closed my eyes and heard how someone came in the hall, groaning of pain. But the sound only came from very far. I fell a sleep the next morning I saw the Slytherin keeper laying on a bed a bit further. I wondered what happened, but didn’t ask. Later that day I saw a blonde, tall boy coming in walking towards the keeper. “He’s a sleep, let him be.” Madame Pomfrey said.
“how is he?”
“good he’ll be out in two days.”
“and he’ll be able to play Quidditch?”
“of course my patients only leave this wing when they’re a hundred percent healed. “thanks Madame.” she nodded. Malfoy turned and in his turn he saw my laying on the bed, he stood still, clearly doubting. He looked behind him, Madame Pomfrey was walking to the other side of the wing. He looked at his keeper, who was still sleeping. And then came to me. “are you ok?” I nodded. “Joan, I can’t do it, I can barely eat, I fell of my broom yesterday and totally suck in everything I do, like this, people will notice to!” I sighed. “please Joan.”
“we can’t Malfoy, hold on”
“but I can’t, I’ll die! And you forget…you’ve got Fred.. I need to talk to someone! I almost wrote a letter to my father out of frustration!” I sighed again. Suddenly Malfoy looked up and went sitting straighter “uh oh” he said. I turned my head and saw Ginny coming in the hospital wing she waved at me, but when she saw Malfoy, she stiffened. Then, recovered she pulled her wand and came towards the bed; “you…”
“Ginny!” I interrupted her and she looked at me, clearly surprised and not lowering her wand. I sighed, slowly things were coming out anyway. “what the hell is he doing here?”
“I’m worried, she’s my potions-and defence against dark arts partner, now I’m working with the teacher, guess how much fun that is.” Ginny stood there, astonished. ”what? you‘d almost say you like working with Joan!”
“I won’t deny she’s an excellent partner.” Ginny’s mouth fell open “What!” she looked at me. But I couldn’t look her in the eyes. “you don’t expect me to belief you get along ?” she looked from Malfoy to me and back again. “actually” I started, but Malfoy felt I wasn’t able to take this, so he fell in. “we kind of do, yeah”
“WHAT?! How the …Joan!! It’s Malfoy! Malfoy, you hate all her friends! How can you possibly be friends.” now she didn’t get an answer. “No!” she continued herself “No, it…no you can’t…don’t tell me you…” I looked up, but turned my eyes down again to speak: “I’ve been quiet depressed the latest days, I don’t know if you noticed, but I..”
“Joan?” she interrupted me. “Your not trying to say you love him, are you?” she didn’t get any answer. “and you” she said to Malfoy, the only reason you’d ever get along with a Gryffindor.. must be…love!”
“yeah well, I didn’t chose for it..” Ginny fell on the bed. “o my god” she said quietly. When she sat there for a few minutes she turned towards me “who knows?”
“just you and Fred, but we decided not to see each other anymore.”
“correction you did” Malfoy said “And wasn’t it to avoid this?” I turned my eyes down. “What?” Ginny said. “you were going to give your love up for your friends’ reactions?”
“Ginny you guys hate..”
“I guess Fred has also said it, but a friend not accepting your decisions isn’t a true friend. Especially not in love!” I sighed. “yeah but the two of you were already hard, while you guys live by this principle.” Ginny just smiled, stood up and walked out of the wing. “Get better!” she yelled. Malfoy looked at me. “that’s two”
“of the entire school!” he smiled pressed his lips against mine and walked out of the wing. The next day Madame Pomfrey let me go in the evening. “What a timing, coming back, starting with a weekend!” George said enthusiastic. I looked at Ginny, but she didn’t look back. Then I looked to Fred, but he didn’t look back either and just as I stood up to go towards him, he stood up and went upstairs. I looked back to Ginny and she went upstairs as well. They must have talked I thought. I didn’t see the both of them the next day because I stayed with Ron, Harry and Hermione. During practice I didn’t find the courage to talk to them, It was happening I thought, they didn’t tell the rest, but didn’t speak to me anymore. “next week it’s the Hufflepuf-Slytherin game, we don’t need to guess, whose going to win, we might better bet on how long it’ll take!” George said that evening. Sunday morning I woke early and when Lee got in the common room he assured me the twins weren’t up yet. I went to their room, knocked and went inside. George was still sleeping, but Fred looked at me. “are you avoiding me?”
“no”
“…”
“Ginny told me she knows.” I turned my eyes down and nodded.
“she accepts it as much as I do, for your side, not for his. What are you going to do now?”
“I don’t know! I really don’t…I mean”
“you can go for the easy way, with the long pain and sorrows…or for the hard way, with the love you want.”
“that’s a bit of a contradiction”
“ but that’s the way it is” he smiled. “look Joan, if you really love him you should go for it, no matter what kind of a bastard it may seem to us. Know this, I’ll accept your choice, but if he ever hurts you, I’ll kick his ass!”
“thanks Fred”
“and if you guys ever break up, know that I’ll always be here for you.”
“..uh..”
“I love you as my sister Joan, more then that, I would be there for you constantly and be able to help you every time. You’re like one of my best friends, Joan, I thought for a while I was in love with you, but I guess it’s just an extravagant fellowship.”
“god, that’s so sweet” I smiled and gave him a hug. “Now get dressed and come to eat.” I smiled even wider. So I spent my Sunday with the twins and Lee, who were enthusiastic about Quidditch. Monday also was a day with the twins and Lee, so when I Tuesday walked towards the classroom of Defence against the dark arts. It felt as if I had been on vacation and I hadn’t seen my friends for ages. So when we stood in the corridor we had a lot to talk about, while talking I appalled of a sudden voice behind me. “ah potter, long time no seen”
“You should see who’s talking, not afraid to play with them little animals, Malfoy?”
“you’ re not funny Potter, not even when you try! And I heard you’ve been captain a week, what have you done then? Asked you friends to nicely do what you ask them?”
“Shut up Malfoy” I said when I turned around. His eyes widen for a second, he appalled from my cold and angry look. But recovered. “Why Dhanes? I see you’re back among us, what was the matter, got sick? Didn’t have anything to do with your big friends, trying to poison you had it?”
“it’s none of your business what was the matter with me! And for this all captain thing… how well does your team listen to you?”
“well enough!”
“do they? How good do train them Malfoy?”
“we’ll see next week won’t we?”
“ok come on in dears!” our professor suddenly said.
Admin
Admin

BerichtOnderwerp: Re: 12. A brand new game   12. A brand new game Icon_minitimezo feb 01, 2009 11:43 pm

And so we did. Malfoy grinned at me “it won’t work like this” he whispered. I just smiled and turned towards our teacher, who was explaining us a new exercise. After just some grins as a conversation with Malfoy I left the classroom with Hermione, Harry and Ron. After lunch I had some classes with Fred, George and Lee. And at some point we got very lucky, it was strange, but Snape had left the school for a day, so we didn’t get potions. This meant an hour no class! We were happy with it, but forced ourselves ( or Hermione forced me and the boys) to make some homework. That evening I went to bed early and I felt well rest out the next morning, after a few classes and dinner I went outside. It was very cold outside which was pretty typical for the season, but we’d seen so many strange this the latest years, so it wasn’t that normal anymore. I felt like taking a walk and I already did some homework Thursday, So I walked towards the lake. And started to walk entirely round it, thinking. I felt strange about Snape, the teacher I admired and my friends disgusted, the only person except Malfoy(and maybe Fred)that understood me and though even more that, could read me like a book. I didn’t know before people could read one another like that. He knew something, had something, saw something…but what? Maybe I should talk to Harry, I thought he was read a thousand times by Dumbledore, he probably knows what it’s like. But Harry probably was disgusted by the thought of having a bond whit Snape. Or I could go to Dumbledore… to be read again, he’d tell me just what I think is wrong and probably leave it to my own to find out what’s wrong. Suddenly I realised Snape had been absent the day before and wondered why that was, in command of Dumbledore? “hi” I startled and literally almost jumped in the lake. I turned around to look at a beautiful face above me, surrounded by blonde hair. Draco smiled when he saw he had scared me. “ow…hi”
“what are you doing up here?”
“uh I’m just…walking” I noticed now he was sighing, he had ran to catch up at me.
“round the lake?”
“yeah”
“why?”
“why? Uhm just because…I felt like it.” he smiled and we walked next to each other when we were out of sight of the castle he wrapped him arms around me, pressed me against him and kissed my lips. After standing half an hour in each others arms, we decided to go back to the castle. I was surprised when Ginny called me as I got in the common room. “do you really like him that much?” she whispered.
“what?”
“Malfoy, cause if you do, you need to tell the rest.”
I looked at her, pretty appalled. “yes I know, but it isn’t that easy is it?”
“it’s easy enough to kiss him!”
“Ginny!”
“I know, but you need to tell them once.”
“I know, I will, I’m just not ready for it.” she pulled up an eyebrow, but then nodded and left me. After we went to the great hall for dinner I did some homework and got my broom and stuff to gather with the Weasleys, Ned, Harry, Lee and Hermione. The last one went to the stage, while the twins fetched the balls and bludgeons. I noticed we were ten minutes early and Ned was almost jumping up and down by the thought of humiliating them. “they’ve got a game to play Saturday, Ned.”
“So?” but I just had to turn my head towards him to make him shut up. When the twins returned I decided just to ask them if they had any preferences of exercises to do. When nobody immediately answered I was flattered and also proud to see that they’d had complete confidence in me and loved my practices as they were. “ok, just a couple of minutes and it’s our turn… as soon as it is eight o’clock we start Ned, if they haven’t cleared of by then…ok?” he clearly got a lot happier just by the thought of me barfing off Malfoy. But the Slytherins stopped in time and we had a normal practice. The day afterwards we had a normal day, but in Defence against the dark arts everyone now was over the little duelling practices so we didn’t work in pairs anymore. I was happy for the fact Ginny or Fred didn’t had class with me and Malfoy. During potions everything went normal. “we need Daisy roots.”
“I’ll get it” I answered and jumped up to go to the closet. “Miss Dhanes” Snape said loudly. I turned to look at him and noticed everyone looked. Snape just nodded towards his desk. I looked to his desk and saw Daisy roots laying upon his desk. I didn’t think any further and walked towards his desk. I reached out my hands over the Daisy roots, but then started to doubt, I didn’t know why, but I did. I realized Snape looked at me and somehow it made me unsure. A flash, white. I pulled back my hand, not able to take the Daisy roots. “What’s wrong, miss Dhanes?”
“I… don’t know.”
“hmm, strange, very well. How about these?” he took a little box, conceiving Daisy roots. I looked up at him, seeing this spark of a mad man in his eyes again, I was actually pretty sure most people didn’t see this even once, I had seen it several times now. On the other hand I wasn’t sure other people understood him, did I? was there some kind of connection between the both of us? He shook with the box, and pulled myself away from my thoughts. I doubting held my hand over the box and strangely it didn’t fell wrong to take them so I did. When I turned around I saw Snape smiling, pleased. Still wondering what the hell happened in potions with Snape I walked to the common room, even the next day it kept following me. I decided to stay behind in class and ask Snape about it, I realized, thinking that, in a bit of a shock, other students wouldn’t do that willingly. My plans were disturbed anyway, Snape was gone again. Strange I thought, but I tried to ban it out of my mind for the weekend; this weekend was Slytherin-Hufflepuf.
“Tomorrow” I said, when we stepped in the pitch that evening, “we’ll see how good Slytherin really is.” after a rather easy practice I told my team to have a good sleep, “Maybe we win the tournament tomorrow.” I said and so my team did go to bed early, as did the entire Gryffindor house. The next morning we all were up early and went to the Great hall. The Great hall was green with silver and yellow with black. There was a special tension through the Great hall and although I tried to fight it, my will was to strong and I looked at the teachers table. Snape wasn’t there, but I managed to ban it out off my thoughts for the day. I left the Great hall, while the twins, Lee, Harry, Hermione and Ron were still eating, they’d gotten a bit closer by my presence, it was queer though. When I got at the exit I turned and saw now they had gotten in two groups of three, when I turned back I caught a glimb of Draco, getting up. I walked a bit further in the corridor and waited behind a corner. “hi” I said, because else wise he would have missed me. “hey, waaw haven’t seen you quiet a bit now e” he smiled.
“No you’re right.” then I grabbed his costume and pulled him towards me. A few minutes later I wished him good luck for the game. “yeah, necessary” he laughed sarcastically. When I got to the common room I made some home work. “Joan Dhanes?” a little voice asked. “Yes?”
“uhm… profffessor Dumbledore is lllooking ffffor you.” then he ran of. Strange, the small ones always are scared, I thought. Then again, I hung around with Fred and George. So, pretty surprised, I went to the office of professor Dumbledore. “Ha, Joan, come in. have a seat.”
“thank you”
“ok, I’d like to congratulate you with your captain performances, and as professor McGonagall has told you, there is a change you and your team go to the WC Junior.”
“yes professor.”
“Well, I’ve written a letter and it indeed is rather certain you may access, please talk to your team, make sure you’ve got seven Gryffindors who can and want to join you.”
“I will professor, thank you!”
“that’s ok, but an other question, how are you keeping up here?”
“ok, great I’ve got good friends, and Gryffindor loves me for the Quidditch” I smiled.
“yes, you did sort out your best friends well. The famous one, Harry Potter and in some way the famous Guys Fred and George Weasley. But ok glad to see you’re good, you may go.” I stood up but turned back at the door. “uh professor?”
“yes?”
“maybe it isn’t mine to ask, but were is professor Snape?” he looked at me and simply smiled. “Curious Joan?”
“kind of”
“Well Severus is working on something for me.” I nodded my head and wanted to turn, but Dumbledore went on. “Joan…?”
“yes professor”
“Why your interest for professor Snape?”
“uhm, no...I was just curious.”
“Are you sure Joan?” I hated when people did that, but Dumbledore was the greatest wizard ever, I maybe should be honoured. “Well…I don’t know, it’s like there is some sort of…connection between us, I mean, not connection, I.. mean it’s just weird it’s like he reads me as a book, not…”
“yes, yes professor Snape has told me about this already, but not to worry Joan, it’s not such a bad thing to have Severus on your hand.” he winked and then opened his arms. “Quidditch starts in an hour, so you may leave now, Joan.”
“thank you, professor” and after a smile I ran to the common room, were I had to explain three times I’d been at Dumbledore’s office. Half an hour later we went to the pitch and got ourselves good spots after saying bye to Lee, who went for the megaphone.
Gesponsorde inhoud

BerichtOnderwerp: Re: 12. A brand new game   12. A brand new game Icon_minitime

12. A brand new game
Terug naar boven 
Pagina 1 van 1
 Soortgelijke onderwerpen
-
» 9. New game
» 9. A hell of a game

Permissies van dit forum:Je mag geen reacties plaatsen in dit subforum
Creative fans :: Fanfiction :: Harry Potter :: De verhalen :: What's true love?(english)-
Ga naar: